Series CRF2 Capacitive Level Transmitter
Powder, Bulk or Liquids, No-Moving Parts, Excellent Chemical Resistance
The Series CRF2 is a level transmitter providing a two-wire 4 to 20 mA output to indicate level of liquids, powders and bulk materials. State of the art sensing technology in the CRF2, using impulse RF admittance measurement provides excellent accuracy and stability. The CRF2 senses capacitance changes resulting from the height of the material in the tank between the probe and the tank wall. In non-metallic tanks or tanks that do not have the wall parallel to the probe a ground reference must be used.
The CRF2 comes with either a rigid or flexible probe depending on application installation need and probe length required. Featured in the CRF2 is easy push button calibration of zero and span. Custom order the CRF2 to any length probe that you need for your application. FEP covered probe is ideal for use with corrosive media. This technology also provides immunity to external RF sources like walkie-talkies and cell phones as well as minimal interference with radio communication or other electronic systems.
- Pulp and paper processing
- Food and beverage
Models & Ordering
- Liquids, powders, and bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:
- Standard: rod/cable: FEP; connection: 316 SS. Ground Option: rod/cable and connection: 316 SS; cable spacers: PVC. Flange Option: material of flange.
- Capacitance Range:
- 0 to 2000 pF.
- 0.15 pF.
- Minimum Span:
- 8 pF.
- ±0.5 pF or ±0.25% of span, whichever is greater.
- ±0.25 pF or ±0.1% of span, whichever is greater.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C); Process: -40 to 250°F (-40 to 121°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 100 psi (6.9 bar).
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 35 VDC.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA or 20 to 4 mA, 2 wire.
- Response Time:
- 0.5 s.
- Electrical Connection:
- Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection:
- 1/2" NPT female.
- Process Connection:
- Standard: 3/4" NPT male. Optional: See Catalog page.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66) weathertight/corrosion resistant.
- Spark/Static Protection:
- 106 ohm dissipation resistance with spark gap. Surge current to 100 A max.
- Zero, Span, 4 mA, 20 mA.
- Mounting Orientation:
- 6' rod type: 3.6 lb (1.63 kg).
- State of the art sensing technology, uses impulse RF admittance measurement which provides excellent accuracy and stability
- Comes with either a rigid or flexible probe depending on application installation need and probe length required
- Easy push button calibration of zero and span
- Any length probe can be customer ordered for any specific application
- FEP covered probe is ideal for use with corrosive media
- Immune to external RF sources like walkie-talkies and cell phones as well as minimal interference with radio communication or other electronic systems
|EXAMPLE||CRF2||W||R||U||1T||048||M20||Series CRF2-WRU1T-048-M20 Capacitive Level Transmitter, weatherproof housing, 48" rod probe, unattached ground rod, 3/4" male NPT, with M20 conduit adapter.|
|SERIES||CRF2||Capacitive Level Transmitter|
|Remote Mounted Weatherproof
|No Ground Rod
Attached Ground Rod (3" or 4" flange process connection types only)
Unattached Ground Rod
|3/4" Male NPT
1" Male NPT
1-1/2" Male NPT
1" Sanitary Clamp (rod type only)
1-1/2" Sanitary Clamp (rod type only)
2" Sanitary Clamp (rod type only)
2" 150# Flange, 316SS
2" 150# Flange, PVC
3" 150# Flange, 316SS
3" 150# Flange, PVC
4" 150# Flange, 316SS
4" 150# Flange, PVC
|XXX||Insertion Length in Inches. Example 048 is 48" Length
Rod Type - Minimum: 24"; Maximum: 144"
Cable Type - Minimum: 24"; Maximum: 360"
|3A Approved Construction (1S, 2S, 3S only)
M20 Conduit Adapter
Product Data Sheet
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.