Series AVU Air Velocity Transmitter
Ideal for Building Automation Systems, ±5% or ±8% Full Scale Accuracy
The Series AVU Air Velocity Transmitter is ideal for a wide range of HVAC measurement and control applications, particularly in complete building control and energy management systems. The Series AVU Transmitter operates by measuring the heat loss from one of the two sensing elements in the air stream, then calculating the air velocity. Units are virtually immune to drift due to the design of the sensing element, which makes the transmitter accurate over the whole air velocity range.
- Supply and exhaust fan tracking
- Clean room systems
- Air pollution studies and manufacturing
- Zone control in HVAC systems
Models & Ordering
- Clean air and compatible, non-combustible gases.
- AVU: ±5% of FS; AVUB: ±8% of FS.
- Response Time (90%):
- 5 sec (typical).
- Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Humidity Limit:
- 0-90% RH, non-condensing.
- Power Requirements:
- -A models 24 VDC +10% - 15%; -V models 24 VDC or 24 VAC +10% - 15%.
- Output Signal:
- -A models 4 to 20 mA current loop; -V models 0 to 10 VDC.
- Loop Resistance:
- (-A models ) 700 Ω.
- Current Consumption:
- 60 mA + output current.
- Maximum Start Up Current:
- 85 mA; 10 V.
- Output Current Limit:
- (-V models) >10 mA.
- Electrical Connections:
- Screw terminal. Cable gland for 4-8 mm wire (16 gage wire).
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 6 (IP67) except sensing point.
- Probe Dimensions:
- 9.45 x .75" (240 x 19 mm).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Unit not position sensitive. Probe must be aligned with airflow.
- 8.8 oz (250 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- 4 to 20 mA or 0 to 10 V output versions
- NEMA 6 (IP67) enclosure rating
- AC or DC powered (loop version DC only)
- 5% or 8% accuracy
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please Sign in or create an account